Does CarMax Buy Salvage Cars?
The short answer to this question is yes, CarMax does buy salvage cars.
When Will CarMax Buy My Salvage Car?
Carmax will typically buy a salvage car if the vehicle meets their criteria, which is dependent on the age, mileage, and condition of a given car. Some CarMax locations do allow for salvage vehicles, however be advised that some locations may not offer this service.
What’s the Process?
The process of selling a salvage car to CarMax is relatively simple. The following steps should be taken:
- Call Your Local CarMax – Contact your local CarMax to confirm that they buy salvage cars and to make an appointment for an appraisal.
- Bring Necessary Documents – Gather all the necessary documents and bring them with you to the appointment.
- Appraise the Vehicle – A CarMax employee will conduct a thorough appraisal of your vehicle, including an examination of its mechanical, cosmetic, and interior condition.
- Receive an Offer – You’ll receive a written offer from CarMax that details their proposed purchase price.
- Accept the Offer – If you’re happy with the offer, you can accept it and the funds will be deposited in your bank account.
Things to Consider
Before attempting to sell a salvage car to CarMax, it is important to keep a few things in mind:
- The seller should be aware of the value of their car prior to attempting to sell it. Getting an independent appraisal is recommended in order to determine the true value of a salvage car.
- Keep in mind the fees associated with selling a car to CarMax. These fees may include appraisal fees, document fees, and sales tax.
- Be sure to research local salvage-specific laws and regulations when attempting to sell a salvage car.
To conclude, CarMax does purchase salvage vehicles as long as they meet the criteria of a given store. Remember to gather all the necessary documents and do your research before attempting to sell a salvage car to CarMax.